Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Window light babies.

So I do quite a few window light sessions, and I couldn't choose just one photo to complete this assignment. It is also too bloody cold here to get close to a window right now, so none of these are new (please come back warm weather) lol. So here are my favorite window light photos with settings attached!

Settings: Taken with my 50mm1.8 iso 230 ss 1/400 f2.8 window camera right


Settings: D80 with the nifty 50, iso 200 ss1/400 f3.2 window light directly behind me.

This one is not a baby...but she is a babe lol. D80 with a 50 mm 1.8 iso 200, ss 1/100, f 4 window to camera right wall camera left

5 comments:

Heart N' Soul Photography said...

Hey Lisa. I think these are all great pics. I have never done window light before so the assignment should be interesting. Wish me luck

Lisa Lacroix Photography said...

Good Luck!!!
You will love the window light, you get such fantastic DOF. Just remember that window light tends to be cold light (especially where we live).

Moni Caron said...

sS the picture of the beautiful grown up girl all window light??
I love the picture. IT looks like you had a window as you backlight that gives you a high key look, but I wonder if there was another window coming to face her face??
Really love that picture. The ones of the babies look super cute too!

Lisa Lacroix Photography said...

@Moni, all window light one BIG window camera right and I have a whitish wall camera left that is working as a reflector. You can tell because I had to blow out her back a little to get her face exposed correctly. There are a a few more from that session on my blog, all window light modified with sheer blinds.

me said...

Very nice work Lisa, I love window light. It was what I used for a very long time till I got some lights and I still prefer the skin tones and quality of light from a natural source. Love the baby and carrot shot too, very cute.