Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Who Am I"








This was shot in studio with a soft box to camera right at a 45 angle and an umbrella to camera left at 45 angle. ISO 100 SS 125 F8.






Hello everyone, My name is Kathleen. I am a mother of two, Michael 18 and Ashley 15. I am married to the most wonderful, supportive man in the world, Paul. We have been together for 19 ½ years and still going strong.

It was the summer of 06’ that I thought I would look into some photography courses at NAIT. I bought my 30D and the 17-85 kit lense in September and started my classes 2 weeks later. Wow! I had no idea what I was getting into. F-stop? Shutter speed? ISO? Huh? So I took a getting to know your camer class, a lighting class and a portraiture class. I met some wonderful people there and continue to chat every once in a while and have made an ever lasting friendship with Deanne.

I am an all or nothing kinda girl so I went and bought a huge lighting set up. 4 lights, 3 soft boxes, an umbrella, barn doors, grids, computer system, etc. Everything you could think of to operate a studio. I was set to go. Renovated two rooms in my house to make a 11’x17’ studio with a muslin track and that got me ready to experiment and learn.

I did my first studio session June of 07’ and have been shooting ever since. When I started photography, I thought newborns, kids and families would be my ultimate desire. While I love and will continue dabbling in a bit of everything, I think I have found my niche. I love doing intimate glamour/couple and weddings.

I love to spend time with my family. We camp all summer and play a lot of ball. My parents and my two sisters and their families all live in the same town as us and we are very tight. I love to play poker, I love watching reality t.v. I love comedies, I love documentaries, I love the color pink, I love learning photography, I love how my daughter is so genuine, I love how my son has a mind of his own, I love how my husband supports me in everything I do. I love me.

1 comment:

Moni Caron said...

Love that description of you!!!
Pretty picture too!!You go girl! :)