Friday, January 18, 2008

One for now


Canon 5D
28 - 105 mm 3.5 - 4.5
1/250 at f 14
105mm
iso 800(purley because I forgot to change it, oops)
Taken just as the sun was about to set
For the past 6 years I have lived in a small country village and we pass this spot every time we leave town. Each and every year the first big snow makes this formation and I always say that I am going to photograph it. This year, with kids in tow and playing in the ditch behind me, I finally made the effort. This was taken a few weeks ago and I figured I would share it until I get something else that I like with the new snow exposure advise.

2 comments:

Lisa Lacroix Photography said...

I think you would have a really difficult time shooting this at sunset and getting the exposure so that the snow is not gray. You would have to WAY over expose and you would loose the beautiful sunset. Did you shoot RAW? If so try overexposing the image and leaving it how it is then combining the 2 and see what you think works. Personally I would probably leave it as it is, it is so moody right now!

Moni Caron said...

I really like the composition of this image. The change in color cast in shadow and highlights is not too big, considering how tricky it is to photograh snow.
I do see low contrast and would prefer to see a littl more contrast as well as a little more sharpeness in teh overall image.
Take it with a grain of salt though, cause I am a high contrast kind of girl :)
Good job!
Moni Caron