Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Macro attempt





Ok, to start, I don't have a macro lens. I use my 85mm 1.8 lens with my 50mm 1.8 held in reverse in front of it inside the lens hood. This results in a dark outer circle but you can either crop out the center or leave it for effect. This also results in an extremely shallow dof, probally best to shoot very flat things this way. Anyway, I gave it a go and this is what I got.
Used light meter to get a reading of iso 100, f22, ss 15
light from behind coin through a window, and slightly to camera left.
Tripod and a shutter release were also used.







Same set up as above for this one.
It is a gear that winds the strings
on a guitar.






This was taken in front of the same window
on a diferent and not so bright day.


iso 100, f22, ss 1.3
tripod and shutter release cable used here too.




This doesn't really look macro but it is the sam magnification as the others. It is the dead center of a rose that is light from a celing fan light overhead. I hand held for this shot and the camera shake is responsible for the soft edges of the petals.
iso 400, f22, ss 30

No comments: